Friday, April 4, 2014

33 weeks baby appointment!

Just wanted to do an update. We had our appointment with the perinatologist aka high risk baby doctor on April 3rd and we are 33 weeks completed, starting our 34th! How awesome is that! My weight is right on track and my blood pressure was good as well. They has me go for bloodwork and had gotten back the results and everything is good except for my platelets which are a little low at 129. There is something called gestational thrombocytopenia which can happen in the third trimester where your platelet count drops. Mine isn't too bad and we talked to the doctor about it and she was not concerned that it would affect the baby in any way. The only thing really to worry about right now is if they drop below 100 I will not be able to have an epidural which wouldn't be good. Try will check them again at 36 weeks to monitor my platelet count and see how my number are.  
I've been experiencing dizziness as well to the point where I was falling so they had put me on meclizine for dizziness at my last visit and it's helped with the falling but I still get dizzy so I have to take it easy still. 
They did an ultrasound and our first biophysical profile also at our appointment. His heart rate was 136 bpm and he weighs 4 lbs 4 oz!! He's growing big and strong and is in the 30th percentile! They also looked at the amniotic fluid, his movements, and breathing which were all great. 

Here is a picture of our little guy at 33 weeks and 1 day: 
From now on we go to the doctors every week until he arrives and they will do the ultrasounds and biophysical profile to monitor our baby boy.  Our next appointment is Thursday, April 10th which also happens to be my birthday. I'm excited that I get to see our son on my birthday that's a perfect present to see how he is doing <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment